Best areas in Copenhagen: Indre By
Indre By is the central area of Copenhagen and bounded by the lakes circling the inner city. There are many historic buildings in this part like Amilienborg, Charlottenborg, the City Hall and Rosenborg, museums like Geological Museum, the Museum of Art and Design and the Music Museum, churches and old narrow streets.
The area, which has to offer so much
Shopping & nightlife
There is a main shopping area, called Strøget, with many interesting shops. Many restaurants and bars are scattered in the area, so it is bursting with nightlife as well. Enjoy it and dare to find your own way in this interesting district.
City Guide to Copenhagen & Malmö
Get a free and full city guide to Copenhagen and Malmö with our selection of great restaurants, local bars, coffee cafés and a lot more.
- Climb the Rundetårn (The Round tower) in the Købmagergade for a splendid view of the city of Copenhagen.
- The Latinerkvarteret (Latin Quartier) is a great area for shopping, especially for designer stores and fashion boutiques.
- A Danish specialty is the flødeboller, a chocolate covered marshmallow treat. You can find them in any supermarket, but they are mouth-watering in the Summerbird Chocolaterie in the Kronsprinsengade.
- Smørrebrød is the traditional Scandinavian open-face sandwich. Nevertheless, is it much more than a simple sandwich with traditional ingredients like herring, eel, beef, eggs, etc. This makes it one of the best daytime meals.
- The Botanical Garden in the Øster Farimagsgade has a large collection of plants including a collection of orchids. There is a huge greenhouse with tropical trees and a skywalk.
- Visit the luxurious boutiques of Georg Jensen and Royal Copenhagen at the Amergatov Square.
- For the best smørrebrød you must try Restaurant Schønnemann at the Hauser Plads.
- The best way to explore the district is by bike; you can rent one at the Central Station.