5 stages of travel by Google
- Dreaming: 68% of business travelers watch travel-related online videos. Among them, 68% are thinking about a trip.
- Planning: the average traveler visits ~22 travel related sites during 9.5 research sessions prior to booking.
- Booking: 37% of leisure travelers report that the internet prompted them to book, up from 28% two years ago.
- Experiencing: 70% of business travelers check into their flights/hotel with their mobile device. Almost 1 in 4 hotel queries come from a mobile phone.
- Sharing: about 1 in 3 business travelers have posted reviews online of places they’ve been.
We focus on the stages dreaming, planning, experiencing and sharing.
- Dreaming: we share pictures about amazing cities, feature and share bucket lists created by local experts and travel & lifestyle bloggers. We use different channels like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Email each to interact in a different way.
- Planning: people can save their findings from any website they search on using our bookmarklet.
- Experiencing: people can add their favorite places on the go and keep their memories in one place.
- Bookings: branded hotels can be booked on a special landing page and within our new iPhone app.
- Sharing: people are able to share their experiences, stories and bucket lists with friends and like minds.
For the new hotel opening of CitizenM New York City, we have created a featured bucket for their guests and fans. People can get the bucket list with curated places in New York and use it on their mobile phone.
Please feel free to contact us because we have different ways to help amazing hotels to get more exposure and bookings.